he Fayette County Development Authority (FCDA) is the lead economic development entity for Fayette County, Georgia. FCDA focuses on recruitment, retention and expansion of major industry and corporate office operations as well as workforce issues, primarily in the cities of Fayetteville, Peachtree City and Tyrone.
Over the last 25 years, FCDA has been a consistent leader in working for the economic growth of all of Fayette County. The organization has been involved in the recruitment or expansion of numerous businesses and industries including: Amcor Packaging, Cooper Lighting, Cooper Wiring Devices, Hoshizaki America, NCR, Panasonic Automotive, Piedmont Fayette Hospital, Pinewood Atlanta Studios, Rinnai, Sany America and World Airways in addition to many other businesses, small and large.
We work with government leaders, community leaders and business leaders to foster an environment that welcomes new investment and new jobs. We focus on our clients – site selectors or companies. We research and provide information they need to make an informed decision.
If you are considering expanding or relocating your company, we want to be your first call.
Background and Services
The Fayette County Development Authority (FCDA) was established by resolution of the Fayette County Board of Commissioners on April 10, 1986 to “develop and promote trade, commerce, industry and employment opportunities” for Fayette County.
Though originally tasked with promoting only the unincorporated areas of the county, in later years the charter was amended to represent the interests of Fayetteville, Peachtree City and Tyrone. Today we promote and market the entire county as a prime location for new and expanding businesses. FCDA is also one of only two local agencies in Georgia to have received the prestigious ACCREDITED ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION designation by the International Economic Development Council.
Major services include:
- Our Website – our goal is to be a resource for companies and site selectors to conduct a complete site search online. Our website contains the demographics and business information to make your site selection process easier.
- Special Data Requests – We can provide specialized research and analysis on workforce, demographics, site information and community data. If you’re considering our region for business relocation or expansion, contact us with your data requirements.
- Site and Building Tours – We can provide a complete familiarization tour of Fayette County and its cities, customized for a company’s unique needs. We will coordinate appointments with the people you’d like to meet and with the brokers for the sites or buildings you want to see. We also provide economic briefings for the region or on key issues confronting your company.
- Expansion Assistance – We can coordinate a number of partner agencies who can assist in energy audits, facility layouts, workforce training and numerous other programs as part of your growth and expansion activities.
- Community Involvement – Want to get your company and key executives involved in civic life in the community? We can open doors for your quick assimilation into all aspects of our civic life.
- Privacy and Confidentiality – Inquiries will be treated with the highest degree of confidentiality. The prospect will remain confidential until the prospect chooses to announce.
FCDA Board Meeting Dates for 2017
The FCDA Board Meetings are held the fourth Thursday of each month at 4:00 pm in the FCDA Boardroom. This schedule is also sent to Fayette County News and Citizen newspapers.
- January 26
- February 23
- March 23
- April 27
- May 18 (moved up one week due to GEDA conference)
- June 22
- July 27
- August 24
- September 28
- October 26
- November 16 (moved up one week due to Thanksgiving)
- December 21 (moved up one week due to Christmas)