The Foreign Trade Zone: A Key Asset in Managing Tariffs and Duties
The Foreign Trade Zone allows overseas companies establishing themselves to secure cost advantages not generally available internationally. The FTZ offers a full spectrum of services designed to facilitate and expedite the movement of goods. Of particular benefit is the ability of the FTZ to help businesses manage duty and tariff costs. Because of the high tariff rates on alcohol, the foreign trade zone is particularly useful to the international community when shipping such items.
- Storage of import / export goods without full customs or government taxes and formalities;
- Duty-free inventory management, control, distribution and manufacturing and
- US Customs clearance and USDA services available.
Merchandise entering a FTZ may be:
Top Five Industries Using FTZs
- Computers/Electronic Equipment
- Machinery/Equipment and Supplies
What types of goods are stored?
Autos, appliances, farm equipment, forklifts, motorcycles, jet skis, engines, electrical components, chemicals, computers, typewriters, printers, storage, parts, food, products, HVAC equipment, photographic equipment, pharmaceuticals, copiers, medical equipment, oil refinery, ship building, steel pipe construction, and more.
For more information, visit www.georgiaftz.com