As you might expect with Fayette County’s unusually high quality of life factors, the level of community recreational amenities exists in great numbers. Countywide, you will find a abundance of recreation centers and other facilities that offer soccer, baseball, softball, golf, tennis, gymnastics, health clubs, and swimming opportunities. There also are many opportunities for seniors, environmental, civic, business, support groups, veterans, religious, and arts activities.
Recreational Highlights in Fayette County:
- Over 100 holes of championship caliber golf.
- Peachtree City Tennis Center. This world class facility has twelve hard courts, six covered courts, and six soft courts. The facility has been the recipient of numerous prestigious awards including 2003 USTA Public Facility of the Year.
- Aquatics Center with Olympic-sized indoor pool.
- Field of Hope. A custom-designed baseball complex offering children with developmental and physical disabilities the opportunity to play youth baseball on a real team, to learn the game and to create lasting friendships. This unique facility is the second of its kind in Georgia and one of only a few nationwide.
- Full-sized BMX racing course.
- Numerous outdoor soccer, softball, and baseball playing fields.
- Fayette Family Play Park. A 10,000 square-foot structure of natural products, complete with castles, bridges, swings, and picnic area.
- Frederick Brown Jr. Amphitheater – Peachtree CIty. A 2,200 seat outdoor amphitheater where citizens can enjoy a variety of entertainment. Famous for its intimate setting nestled in the pines, the venue has two summer series concert line-ups of top draw performers as well as numerous spotlight concerts that play to capacity crowds throughout the season.
- The Villages Amphitheater – Fayetteville. Opened in 2002 to capacity crowds, this state-of-the-art venue is located in the heart of downtown Fayetteville. With seating for nearly 2,000, the venue hosts a wide variety of big name entertainment as well as numerous community events.
- There are 3 lakes in Fayette County where you can enjoy fishing, kayaking, boating and swimming.
- Peachtree City has a glorious nature walk that winds through its expansive green space and into the preserved woods throughout the city.
- Peachtree City has a 90-mile network of multi-use paths for pedestrians, cyclists, and golf carts.
Fayette County is a special community with an inviting environment that continues to flourish & prosper. It has an idyllic lifestyle close enough to the big city of Atlanta and the city’s attractions to be interesting but also just outside enough to make it possible to raise children, know neighbors and participate in schools, government, and community. We are proud to call Fayette County our home and we are dedicated to preserving it for ourselves, our families and for you.